RESPONDING TO COVID-19
With the safety of our patients and employees in mind, we have several precautions in place. In compliance with CDC, Federal, and State guidelines we have temporarily changed some processes in our offices to better protect your family, our staff, and to do our part in trying to limit the spread of COVID-19.
- What to know about your upcoming office appointment
- How we are keeping safe
- We now offer Telemedicine
- If you need to schedule a non-urgent appointment
- Contact Lenses
- Optical Department
- Helpful Links
What to know about your upcoming office appointment:
- We request that adult patients come alone. Only 1 person may accompany our adult patients IF the patient is in need of assistance (ie: physical assistance or translation). Children should be accompanied by 1 parent ONLY. If siblings both have appointments, we ask that 1 adult accompanies each patient. Additional siblings will not be allowed in the office. Our goal is to limit the amount of additional people within the office with the exception of the patients. No guests will be allowed to wait in the waiting room. They will be asked to wait in the car.
Masks are REQUIRED to be worn at all times by every individual over 2 years of age. Masks must cover your nose and mouth and be secured under your chin. Masks with exhalation valves, bandanas and face coverings with mesh material or holes will not be allowed. Without a mask, or refusal to wear a mask, will result in cancellation of your appointment.
- All patients and visitors will be asked to complete our screening questionnaire, which will be performed immediately upon arrival to the office.
- We are asking that patients who think they have been exposed to the virus or have symptoms such as fever, cough, difficulty breathing or other respiratory or flu like symptoms, to avoid coming to our office.
- We are requiring all patients to preregister. Instructions will be given when you schedule your appointment.
- Patients will be asked to review and sign Covid-19 Consent Form.
- We will make every effort to transition the patient quickly to their exam room. We are limiting patients in the waiting areas. Patients may be asked to wait in their car until an exam room is available and while their eyes are dilating if necessary.
We are pleased to announce that we have begun offering telemedicine services. You can now call our office to set up a telemedicine visit with your Eye Physicians of Central Florida provider via Zoom, Doxyme or FaceTime. The process is easy and allows us to provide care in the comfort of your own home.
* Please note - It is not possible to determine Eyeglasses or Contact Lens prescription during the Telemedicine visit. Patients will be required to come into the office, if an updated eyeglass or contact lens prescription is necessary.
If you need to schedule a non-urgent appointment:
Call your pharmacy for refills as you normally would. We will be available to answer questions about medications, as well as provide prescriptions and refills if appropriate.
If you need to reorder contact lenses, you can fill out Contact Lens Order Form, to have them shipped to your home.
Optical department hours are 8:30 am - 4 pm Monday through Friday. BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
We encourage you to keep yourself updated on information about coronavirus by looking at the following websites:
- World Health Organization
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Florida Department of Health
Please continue to monitor our website and Facebook page for updates as they develop. We are grateful for your patience during these exceptional times.
How we are keeping safe:
- We have shared specific instructions with our employees on the importance of hand washing and staying at home if they feel sick.
- We have implemented a more rigorous cleaning protocol with our cleaning services at our offices.
- Eyewear will be washed after each try on.
- Door handles, front desk areas, waiting areas will be cleaned at regular intervals throughout the day.