RESPONDING TO CORONAVIRUS 2019
With the safety of our patients and employees in mind, we have several precautions in place. In compliance with CDC, Federal, and State guidelines we have temporarily changed some processes in our offices to better protect your family, our staff, and to do our part in trying to limit the spread of COVID-19.
- What to know about your upcoming office appointment
- We now offer Telemedicine
- If you need to schedule a non-urgent appointment
- Contact Lenses
- Optical Department
- Office Cleaning Procedures
- Helpful Links
What to know about your upcoming office appointment:
- If you have an appointment at one of our offices, we ask that you please come alone. Children should be accompanied by one parent. If someone must accompany you, we are allowing only one person aged 18 or older. Masks are REQUIRED to be worn by our patients as well as the person accompanying them. For the safety of our patients and staff, we will have to reschedule if they do not come with a mask.
- All patients and visitors will be asked to complete our screening questionnaire, which will be performed immediately upon arrival to the office. We may also check your temperature on arrival.
- We are asking that patients who think they have been exposed to the virus, traveled both internationally or domestically, or have symptoms such as fever, cough, difficulty breathing or other respiratory or flu like symptoms, to avoid coming to our office.
- We are requiring all patients to preregister. Instructions will be given when you schedule your appointment.
- Patients will be asked to review and sign Covid-19 Consent Form.
- We are not accepting any cash or checks at this time. Copays will need to be paid prior to the appointment by credit card.
- We will make every effort to transition the patient quickly to their exam room. We are limiting patients in the waiting areas. Patients may be asked to wait in their car until an exam room is available and while their eyes are dilating if necessary.
We are pleased to announce that we have begun offering telemedicine services. You can now call our office to set up a telemedicine visit with your Eye Physicians of Central Florida provider via Zoom or FaceTime. The process is easy and allows us to provide care in the comfort of your own home.
* Please note - It is not possible to determine Eyeglasses or Contact Lens prescription during the Telemedicine visit. Patients will be required to come into the office, if an updated eyeglass or contact lens prescription is necessary.
If you need to schedule a non-urgent appointment:
Call your pharmacy for refills as you normally would. We will be available to answer questions about medications, as well as provide prescriptions and refills if appropriate.
If you need to reorder contact lenses, you can fill out Contact Lens Order Form, to have them shipped to your home.
Optical department hours effective Monday April 6th will be 9 am - 3 pm Monday through Friday. BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Office Cleaning Procedures:
- We will be screening and taking temperatures of our employees and incoming patients and their companion.
- We have shared specific instructions with our employees on the importance of hand washing and staying at home if they feel sick.
- We have implemented a more rigorous cleaning protocol with our cleaning services at our offices.
- Exam rooms will be cleaned thoroughly after each patient.
- Eyewear will be washed after each try on.
- Door handles, elevator, front desk areas, waiting areas will be cleaned at regular intervals throughout the day.
We encourage you to keep yourself updated on information about coronavirus by looking at the following websites:
- World Health Organization
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Florida Department of Health
Please continue to monitor our website and Facebook page for updates as they develop. We are grateful for your patience during these exceptional times.