RESPONDING TO CORONAVIRUS 2019
In response to the evolving COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic, our office will be reopening on Monday, March 30th for urgent situations only.
With the safety of our patients and employees in mind, we have several precautions in place. In compliance with CDC, Federal, and State guidelines we have temporarily changed some processes in our offices to better protect your family, our staff, and to do our part in trying to limit the spread of COVID-19.
- What to know about your upcoming office appointment
- We now offer Telemedicine
- If you need to schedule a non-urgent appointment
- Contact Lenses
- Optical Department
- Office Cleaning Procedures
- Helpful Links
The providers and staff at Eye Physicians of Central Florida take your health and safety very seriously.
What to know about your upcoming office appointment:
- Eye Physicians of Central Florida is postponing routine appointments for all patients during this time. Prior to us postponing or canceling any appointment, your provider will be reviewing your medical status to confirm that there are no concerns regarding an in-person visit. If you have an upcoming appointment, someone from our office will contact you to cancel, confirm or suggest a telemedicine visit, depending on the nature of your visit.
- If you are an established patient and have an eye emergency, please call our office @ 407-767-6411. Our on-call physician is available after business hours.
- We have revised our visitor policy consistent with CDC recommendations for social distancing. If you have an appointment at one of our offices, we ask that you please come alone. Children should be accompanied by one parent. If someone must accompany you, we are allowing only one person aged 18 or older.
- All patients and visitors will be asked to complete our screening questionnaire, which will be performed immediately upon arrival to the office. We may also check your temperature on arrival.
- We are asking that patients who think they have been exposed to the virus, traveled both internationally or domestically, or have symptoms such as fever, cough, difficulty breathing or other respiratory or flu like symptoms, to avoid coming to our office.
We are pleased to announce that we have begun offering telemedicine services. You can now call our office to set up a telemedicine visit with your Eye Physicians of Central Florida provider via Zoom or FaceTime. The process is easy and allows us to provide care in the comfort of your own home.
If you need to schedule a non-urgent appointment:
Please call our office or submit an appointment request online. We will decide how best to serve you while keeping you safe. This may involve an in-office visit, telemedicine visit or postponing your visit as medically appropriate.
Call your pharmacy for refills as you normally would. We will be available to answer questions about medications, as well as provide prescriptions and refills if appropriate.
If you need to reorder contact lenses, you can fill out Contact Lens Order Form, to have them shipped to your home.
Optical department hours effective Monday April 6th will be 9 am - 3 pm Monday through Friday. BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Office Cleaning Procedures:
- We will be screening and taking temperatures of our employees and incoming patients and their companion.
- We have shared specific instructions with our employees on the importance of hand washing and staying at home if they feel sick.
- We have implemented a more vigorous cleaning protocol with our cleaning services at our offices.
We encourage you to keep yourself updated on information about coronavirus by looking at the following websites:
- World Health Organization
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
- Florida Department of Health
Please continue to monitor our website and Facebook page for updates as they develop. We are grateful for your patience during these exceptional times.