Learn About Lenses - IOLs
Eye Physicians of Central Florida ophthalmologist David B. Auerbach, D.O. was the first surgeon in Central Florida to offer cataract surgery with the new AcrySof® ReSTOR® Intraocular lens (IOL). This breakthrough technology enhances your vision and may help you to see clearly at all distances without bifocals or reading glasses. Until recently, most patients undergoing cataract surgery received artificial lenses that provided excellent distance vision. However, they still needed reading glasses to see near objects.
- AcrySof® ReSTOR®
- Acrysof® IQ PanOptix®
- TECNIS® Multifocal
- TECNIS® Symfony Lens
- Astigmatic Correction
AcrySof® ReSTOR® -- A Safe and Effective Alternative
- The FDA-approved AcrySof® ReSTOR® lens is inserted using the same minimally invasive, outpatient cataract surgical procedure that has been performed for decades.
- In a clinical study, 80% of patients who received the AcrySof® ReSTOR® reported that since the surgery, they never wear glasses for any activities. They can read a book, work on the computer, drive a car and play golf or tennis without the hassle of glasses. By comparison, only 8% of patients who received the traditional monofocal IOL eliminated their need for glasses.
- In fact, 84.3% of patients achieved 20/25 vision or better for distance and 20/32 or better for near.
- Patients in the study were so pleased with their vision that 94% said they would have the AcrySof® ReSTOR® implanted again if given the choice.
Your Eye Physicians of Central Florida doctor can answer any questions you may have and help you decide if cataract surgery with the AcrySof® ReSTOR® IOL is best for you.
Acrysof® IQ PanOptix® lens – First and Only Trifocal IOL to Optimize your vision
The PanOptix® lens uses ENLIGHTEN® Optical Technology, a proprietary design that optimizes intermediate vision without compromising near and distance vision. It does so in two ways:
- By maximizing the amount of light that reaches the retina, giving you crisp vision at every distance under various lighting conditions
- By setting the intermediate vision focal point to a distance that is well suited for today’s lifestyles.
The PanOptix Trifocal Intraocular lens is the first “trifocal” lens available and is in the Acrysof family of lenses. It was designed to provide clear vision at near, intermediate and far distances without the aid of glasses. Properly selected PanOptix patients can read their phones (near vision) work at their computers (intermediate vision) and play golf (far vision) with relative ease.
The PanOptix® Lens delivers all around brighter, more vivid colors.
The PanOptix® Lens corrects and sharpens your vision, so you’re likely to wear glasses less often.
Stay in the Clear
Patients reported that they were less bothered by glare around bright lights.
- 80.5% of people with the PanOptix® Lens reported that, within the past week, they never had to wear glasses to see.
- 98% of people with the PanOptix® Lens would recommend it to family and friends.
- 99% of people with the PanOptix® Lens would choose the same lens again.
The PanOptix® lens can change the way you see the world.
See near, far, and everything in between - day and night Is your vision blurry or cloudy? Are you bothered by headlight glare when driving at night? If so, you may have cataracts. Consult your eye doctor to be sure. If you are exploring treatment options with your doctor, the TECNIS® Multifocal Implantable Lens may be the right choice for you.
It's an advanced implantable lens, empowering you with high-quality vision in any light condition, from near to far distances - and everything in between.
In fact, nearly 9 out of 10 patients don't need glasses after the procedure.
TECNIS® Symfony Lens
The latest addition to the TECNIS® Family of IOLs offers new optical technology for providing an Extended Range of Vision.
The TECNIS® Symfony Extended Range of Vision IOL delivers a continuous, full range of high-quality vision with incidence of halos and glare comparable to a monofocal IOL.
The Symfony lens, which treats presbyopia (age-related long-sightedness) is implanted into the eye during a normal cataract operation. Unlike traditional multifocal lenses, there are no glares or halos with the Symfony lens, no reduction in contrast sensitivity, and it has a special defraction grating, making it similar to a traditional lens implant but with the added benefit of a reading prescription.
If you suffer from astigmatism and require surgery to remove a cataract, you now have a new option that could correct both problems. Eye Physicians of Central Florida offers the AcrySof® Toric intraocular lens (IOL).
Cataracts and astigmatism both blur vision. The traditional lens implanted during cataract surgery helps to clear your vision but cannot correct the astigmatism. As a result, cataract patients with astigmatism still require glasses, contact lenses or additional surgery to see clearly.
The AcrySof® Toric IOL not only corrects blurred vision from a cataract, it also reduces or eliminates astigmatism, allowing most patients to achieve quality distance vision without glasses or contact lenses.
Your Eye Physicians of Central Florida doctor can answer any questions you may have and help you decide if cataract surgery with the AcrySof® Toric IOL is best for you.